Suicide is a serious topic that most people don’t talk about, but we all know people who struggle with depression and have attempted or committed suicide. Take time to talk and tackle it head-on with scripture to save lives.
In this episode of the Finance For Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks to Dr. Matthew Sleeth, a speaker, author, and creation care leader. Matthew is a former emergency room physician and chief of hospital medical staff who resigned from his position to teach, preach, and write about faith and health. Matthew’s newest book is, “Hope Always: How to Be a Force for Life in a Culture of Suicide.”
- Matthew’s Career Path: Progressed from high school flunky to medical school
- Domino Effect: When bad or evil things happen to good people
- The Bible: How Matthew’s career trajectory changed after meeting the Lord
- Christian Conversations: Going to church is to give, not get something
- Suicide: How to talk about and manage taboo topics fundamental to faith
- Mind, Body, and Soul: Traditional suicide approach then versus now
- Suicide Stats: All-time high now in the United States since the great depression
- Modern Thinking: What is our purpose? Nothing matters anymore
- Young People’s Disease: Why do you feel that way? Do you have a plan for that?
- Suicide Prevention: Recoil from harmful thoughts and talk to someone to get help
- Suicide Signs/Consequences: Use everything that works to stay alive, save lives