Are you looking for another job, or are recruiters seeking you out for opportunities? If you were offered a different job, would you think about taking it? Why, or why not? There’s a lot to consider.
In this episode of the Finance for Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks about whether to accept another job. It can be difficult to make a decision and navigate your priorities as an in-practice physician.
- Temptations: Financial aspect—try to not first look at the money/compensation
- Values and Goals: What’s most important? Family, work/life balance, pay?
- Coworkers: Who will you work with and for? What kind of lives do they live?
- Position: Is it a job you enjoy? Are the pay/benefits decent? What are the hours?
- Student Aid: Confirm if the employer is Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified
- Insurance Coverage: Are malpractice insurance and tail coverage provided?
- Employment Law: Hire a consultant or employment attorney to review contracts