Passive Investing: What is it and how can you use what you learn about it to your advantage? Conduct research to gain knowledge, but consider conflicts of interest.
In this episode of the Finance for Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks about passive versus active investing in the market to own assets. How do they compare and how are they different?
- What is passive investing? Own entire market with minimal expenses
- What is active investing? Beat the market by picking winners, avoiding losers
- Time Period Research: Passive strategy works better and yields better results
- Individual and Work Retirement Plans: Basic foundation of passive investments
- What to look for? Fund name, expense ratios, and investment timelines
- How to invest in passive vehicle—buy ETF/mutual fund/direct indexing