Sometimes, it takes an unexpected wake-up call to remind you to take care of yourself, family, and finances. You never know when it could be your last day, and tomorrow is not guaranteed.
In this episode of the Finance For Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks about a recent personal medical experience and what went through his mind at the time. You don’t know what the future holds. Make sure that your financial planning is in place before it’s too late.
Optic Disc Edema: Minor eye issue, nothing serious turns into something major
- No Joke: Physicians change their tone, confirm serious situation, and trip to ER
- Thought #1: Is my family going to be okay financially if I am not around?
- Thought #2: Have I been a good steward of my money?
- Thought #3: Have I led a meaningful life and taught my values?
- Thought #4: Is the business going to be okay if I am not around?
- Consider the following: Am I covered financially and independent?
- Legal Logistics: How everything gets sorted out and settled
- Financial Organizer: Save time and effort with access and passwords
- God is first, others second, I am third – culture pushes it the other direction