When you run across something weird or strange, how do you avoid major mistakes and minimize errors? Get a second opinion, especially when it comes to the good, the bad, and the ugly of financial planning for physicians.
In this episode of the Finance For Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks to Justin Harvey, a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), about stories and experiences with physician families. Sometimes, the best and juiciest ones are difficult to change substantive facts enough to preserve client confidentiality.
Good: Immense value from financial advisors who understand physician finances
- Bad: Save documents and keep records on servicer when third-part is paying
- Ugly: Ultra high-risk investment activities—bordering on gambling
- Understand the Deal: Perform due diligence and review contracts for red flags
- Compensation: What money are you leaving on table based on how you’re paid?
- Accurate Alignment: Involve spouse for honest answers about financial security
- Life Lessons: Follow money, understand incentive/stakes, deal w/ consequences
- Moral of the Story: Sometimes, it’s worthwhile to pay a fair fee for a CPA
Anesthesia and Pain Management Success Podcast
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)